Skip to main content

My Personal SWOT

SWOT stands for Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and threat analysis. I have completed my Bachelors of Technology in the year 2007 and I have been working in IT services sector ever since. My experience is my strength, along with my “can do” attitude and optimistic outlook. I have always worked in customer-facing projects as a part of a team. So, understanding customer needs, communication and team playing are important qualities one need to succeed. Stating during the recession I learned early in my life the importance of being lean and agile, clients appreciate what saves them time and money, identifying those areas is a great skillset to have any time. Lately, my weakness is not being able to allocate enough time for my work and for my studies. I was managing my work and studies just fine. But, 2 weeks back I came to India to visit my parents. Ever since because of the change of situation, I am noticing that I am finding it difficult to concentrate and finish my tasks. But, I have recognized the problem and taking steps to fix it. Otherwise, I am an occasional procrastinator too. Other than that, I do not see any major weaknesses. Opportunity is after completing MBA applying the knowledge in m current job or getting a new job where I would be able to apply my newly acquired skills. The world has come closer, cultural awareness is very critical for any business. Identifying opportunity and capitalizing on that takes knowledge and skill. I believe the MBA program has equipped me with such skills. As the economy is reaching the top, every organization is preparing for a slowdown, so there is an opportunity in identifying areas that can be automated, reducing the need for manual intervention and maintenance cost. The threat is any possible change in the economy for negative. Competition too has increased multi-fold. Providing the best quality for the cheap price is going to be challenging but we have competing organizations as threats too. Who needs to be dealt, building long term relationship with clients, adding value to processes and technology as subject matter experts and help them meet their goals. I found the strengths using my course thus far. How some qualities are resource-based strength, unit 4 helped me understand that. My strengths of being a team player and understanding customer needs will come handy in the IT services sector. The habit of procrastination is not good for anything or any industry. The industry will see more cost-cutting and automation, which is an opportunity and experiences with those will be a valuable asset, especially in an economy that might slow down soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question and Answer

      * These attacks consist of injecting malicious client-side scripts into a website and using the website as a propagation method is: These attacks consist of injecting malicious client-side scripts into a website and using the website as a propagation method is: XML External Entities Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Security Mis Configuration Injection * A security principle, that ensures that authority is not circumvented in subsequent requests of an object by a subject, by checking for authorization (rights and privileges) upon every request for the object is ____.   A security principle, that ensures that authority is not circumvented in subsequent requests of an object by a subject, by checking for authorization (rights a Complete Mediation Least Privileges Separation of Duties Weakest Link * Unprotected files

What are the challenges Zara face to maintain it's growth?

Notably, Zara has a unique approach to handle changing demand, which has allowed the company to become widely successful and a leading business organization in the fashion retail industry, in which many corporations struggle to deal with fast-changing environments, operations, and inventory costs. The arrival of new trends forces retailers to adapt their collections, causing what James (2011) calls the Forrester or bullwhip effect. Zara relies heavily on outsourced manufacturing, even though most operations and inventory decisions and strategies are still held, taken, and based out on their headquarters in Spain. Every time an order is placed, all items are shipped to Spain for final design adjustments and inventory stocking. With the use of technology and collaboration with its store managers, the company can produce only what is currently trending, which results in a significant reduction of unsold items caused by the rapidly changing tastes of consumers in this fast-changing ind

How Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) revolutionize the automobile manufacturing industry?

Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) system was created to revolutionize the actual automobile manufacturing systems. TNGA aims to promote a massive transformation in Toyota's development processes by emphasizing in harmony between planning and design, which, when appropriately combined and managed, will increase the company’s efficiency (N.A., 2015). Toyota's TNGA system is revolutionary because it creates an even leaner way of designing and manufacturing its cars and establishes a new era of vehicle design and production. From a different perspective, TNGA is a revolutionary system not because it employs a modular approach; since companies like Nissan and Volkswagen already use modular systems in their production plants (Schmitt, 2015). It is revolutionary because it is disruptive and expands the traditional and legendary Toyota’s lean methodology to a different level (N.A., 2015). This new global architecture system is disruptive to the old Toyota Production System (T